Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Undoubtedly you’re interested not only in learning about the specific health benefits of fasting but in actually receiving them as well. The specific health benefits of fasting (proven and conjecture), will be discussed here as well as the broader benefits as fasting is an affordable, powerful practice with little downside.
Specific, proven benefits include:
Increased Human Growth Hormone
Reductions in High Blood Glucose levels
Specific benefits still under investigation
Reductions in insulin secretion
Increased mental clarity
Normalizations in High Blood Pressure
In addition to the above benefits, it’s valuable to consider the advantages when you develop a personal plan for developing and maintaining your health.
1. Fasting is an extremely potent health practice. There are few (if any) other interventions capable of achieving as much as a healthy fasting practice. It has the potential to deliver physical, mental and even spiritual benefits. This ancient practice has been honored for centuries as one of the most healing experiences a person can engage in. Science is just now beginning to unravel its mysterious implications.
2. Fasting is available. In today’s healthcare world, healthcare is no longer universally available. Resources are rationed by policymakers such as government and insurance companies. The potent intervention of fasting is available to each and every healthy human being in the world regardless of their insurance coverage or access to health care providers. All it takes is the ability to safely follow the guidelines provided on this site.
3. Fasting is a low cost. It costs nothing to fast other than some very basic supplementation during the fast. Even that’s simply a cautionary practice to prevent electrolyte imbalance. Some people like to go out and buy bottled water during a fast but filtered water from your spigot is fine. In some cases, we recommend medically supervised fasting but for others, fasting is something for which you don’t have to spend money.
4. Fasting is relatively safe. Although specific individuals should not engage in fasting (See Risks), it’s exceptionally safe compared to most other health care practices and interventions. Simply put, the human body has the inherent capacity to temporarily survive without food. When you engage in the practice of fasting, you are experiencing a time-honored tradition that mankind’s ancestors both enjoyed and considered sacred.
5. Fasting is rejuvenating. While some temporary weakness and other symptoms should be expected during the fast, you will likely feel rejuvenated and energized by the process. Fasting enhances nourishment and complements the vigorous activity you will engage in as part of the practice guidelines. Again, the practice of fasting needs to be complemented by good nourishment and vigorous exercise.
6. Finally, fasting is simple. For some, the thought of fasting is difficult to contemplate. You may be thinking, “Can I really go without food that long?” but in fact, it is very simple to execute. People from all walks of life desire greater contentment, less stress and more simplicity. When you fast, you cultivate all these things by forming a greater partnership with your body, slowing down and become more aware of your life and the life around you. Remember, as someone wise once said….
“We are spiritual beings having a physical experience.”
Fasting as a practice is part of conscious human experience. Many people look forward to their fasts as a time to slow down, regroup and recuperate. Yes, believe it or not, it’s not a self-imposed “torture session.” It requires a little willpower but not as much as you may think. As you break your fasts with the very simple foods we recommend you’ll find yourself enjoying them more for their very simplicity. The experience becomes self-promoting as a greater sense of personal satisfaction and well beings begins to permeate the other activities in your life.